During HairCon 2019, the annual conference of the Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India, a “No To Ghost Surgery By Technicians” pledge was taken by all the attending delegates. They also formed a local ethical committee to address this issue. You can read more about this on our Hair Transplant Black Market page.
As a responsible member of the Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons (AHRS), India, I hereby solemnly pledge, that:
- I will adhere to the highest standards of medical ethics in my practice
- I will ensure extraction/excision and strip harvesting will be done by me and or physician, and not the assistants/technicians
- Before employing any assistant/technician I will seek consent and approval of his or her previous employer.
- I will ensure that my assistants will not do any procedure that involves incisions of excisions to the patient.
- I will maintain a transparent process of charging to patients.
- I will abide by professional ethics as demanded by Code of Ethics formulated by the Medical Council of India and will not indulge in exaggerated advertisements.
- I will maintain cordial relationship with my proceedings colleagues and will not involve in professional hosting.
For more information on the unlicensed practice of medicine, see this page. Do you know someone who has been affected by a bad hair transplant and wants to share a story? Contact us.